It’s very simple: with everything we do, both at Wharf Rd Restaurant & Bar and at our sister restaurant Hungry Duck in Berry, we look for the best possible produce that’s in season, growing locally and preferably organically. Wherever possible, we take pride in championing what’s great that can be grown in our region, and where wine is concerned, our country.
The dishes we create are our representation of fresh, modern cuisine, with an edge of smokey flavour thanks to our custom-built South American-style barbeque. Wharf Rd has its own rock salt drying room so we can dry-age and cure our own locally-sourced meat which enhances the dining experience and the quality of the produce.
Supporting local growers is important to Wharf Rd. We’re proud to present produce from suppliers including:
- Alpaca from Milpaca Farm in Berry
- Schottlander Wagyu – Pasture fed pure breed wagyu beef, MB5+, Rose Valley, Gerringong
- Free range eggs from our own farm
- Moonlight flat oysters from Bateman’s Bay
- Buena Vista Farm organic chicken and pork
- Greenbox – supplying fruit and vegetable produce from local sources
- Southcoast Dairy
- Farmer Alan Brown’s local vegetable produce
As well as plenty of other seafood producers located within the Shoalhaven and south coast local area.